实用英语综合教程2----Unit 7 A Friend on the line
Part 2: Introduction of Text A
Task 1: Warm-up questions:
1. What does the phrase” on the line” probably mean?
2. What do you expect the passage may tell you about?
Task 2: Discussion about Ss’ own experience of making a papal or net friend
Part 2: Reading Comprehension
Task 1: Fast Reading Ss read the text quickly and do exercises 2-4
1. Check the answers:
(D A C A D), (T F F T T), (May be varied)
Task 2: Intensive reading
1. To get Ss to underline t he difficult and important words/
2. Explanation of the text
1) Line: a telephone line or wire
e.g.: There was silence on the other end of the line
Look, I got another call on the other line
2) C’mon: come on
3) Figure out: to come to understand or discover by thinking.
e.g.: I can’t figure him out-he’s a mystery.
We still haven’t figured out how to do it.